Enniscorthy Rockin’ Food Festival
Event Management, Marketing and Community Development
Rockin’ Food Festival is an annual festival that takes place on the August Bank Holiday weekend in Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford.
In 2014, there were a number of small community festivals taking place in Enniscorthy. It was decided that there was demand for one large festival combining all elements of the smaller community festivals (i.e. Rock ’n’ Roll Music, Enniscorthy’s 1798 Rebellion Heritage, Food and Family Entertainment)
In 2015, the Rockin’ Food Festival committee was formed with O’ Connell Marketing Ltd taking on the roles of Project/Event Manager as well as Marketing and PR.
- Develop a new festival brand combining all elements the existing community festivals.
- Creation of a brand identity including a festival website
- Develop an e-commerce system for festival event sales and management of the sales office
- Event management Plan
- Budget Management
- Press launch and Photocall
- Recruitment and management of food vendors
- Marketing and Press/Media Management
- Social Media and Graphic Design
- Brochure, Trail map and other print media design
- Professional Photography and Videography
- Post Event Analysis of attendance and local economic impact
Rockin’ Food Festival 2018 KPIs:
EVA National Media – €420,896 with National Media Reach of 6,820,988
Social Media Reach; 675,000+ with 5,500+ fans
Online Videos: 43,300 +Views
#rockinfood2018 reached #7 Trending in Ireland on Twitter on Aug BH.
Festival Attendance: 120,000+
The festival created direct business for both Enniscorthy hotels as a result of festival packages available over the course of the weekend. There was also a huge local spin-off for retail and food and drink as a result of attendance numbers over 120,000.
Enniscorthy Rockin’ Food Festival won “Best Festival” at the 2018 South East Hospitality Awards and was also shortlisted for “Best Festival” and “Best Tourism Initiative” at the National LAMA Awards 2019.